Wednesday, April 3, 2013

On Top of the World.

March: 5,400 kilometers. 

I tackled the biggest club in Eastern Europe. Climbed to the top of a mountain in Budapest. Discovered Vienna once again. Fell in love with Venice, my heart will forever be there. Had my mouth water with the food of Rome. Shopped like I have never shopped before in Florence. Took a picture of me holding up the leaning tower of Pisa. Swam in the ice cold Mediterranean sea in Nice. Pretended to gamble in Monaco. Watched the huge city of Paris bustle from the top of the Eiffel Tower. Had my first Belgian Waffle, and hopefully not my last. All these experiences add up to one thing that I will never in my lifetime forget. My Eurotour. 

I danced. 

I don't have words to describe the sights that I have been able to bless my eyes with seeing. 

"Listen to the mustn'ts child. Listen to the dont's. Listen to the shouldn'ts, the impossibles, the won'ts. Listen to the never haves, then listen close to me...Anything can happen, child. Anything can be." 
-Shel Silverstein

Exchange students: The most amazing people in the whole wide world. Those people from everywhere who know exactly how you feel and those people who become your absolute best friends even though you only see most of them 3 or 4 times during your year. The people, who take almost an hour to say their final goodbyes to each other. Those people with the jackets full of pins. All over the world. They are the people you want to spend all of your time with. They understand you and are always there for you. 

District 1900 I can't describe how much you all mean to me. I really cant. 
  
On this trip, we all grew up. We learned to be with people we loved and people we didn't like. We made memories that none of us will ever forget, or regret. 
We partied. We saw. We embraced. We lived.  

I experienced so many new places in so little time. I can say that I've seen so many things. The Eiffel Tower, The Colosseum, The shores of Nice, The new president of Czech Republic, Budapest. 

France
Monaco
Italy
Vatican 
Hungary
Austria
Czech Republic
Slovakia

So many countries that I not only got to see, and be part of, but they will always be part of me.

Whoever reads this, we will have to sit down sometime, and I will tell you some stories.
Or maybe I will write some later.

"If you are a dreamer, come in. If you are a dreamer, a wisher, a liar, a hoper, a prayer, a magic bean buyer. If you're a pretender, come sit by my fire, for we have some flax-golden tales to spin. Come in, come in."

I'm on top of the world.
Sweet Serendipity.





1 comment:

  1. First off... I'm sooooooooo jealous!!!!!!!!!!!! You can't even imagine how my brain is spinning from all that you've done. Though I am green with envy and jealously, I'm also so pleased and happy for you AND anybody who is fortunate enough to live their dreams - and them some. Is there a word for jealous that doesn't have a negative connotation? If so, that's me. I am truly admiring of anybody who has the opportunity to experience and travel and be an exchange student. It just never occurred to me to try such a thing... My brain can't even imagine visiting all those places in a short period of time and how you even go about it. I've never been abroad and am starting to get that itch again. It sorta got buried under children, bills and responsibilities. Hint, hint: do as much now before 'real life' sets in. But also know that 'real life' doesn't mean you can't still live your dreams as well. I've done plenty of that here in the States but had to suppress those abroad aspirations for a while. And there's so many aspects of 'real life' that are as rewarding as any of the wonderful things you've experienced in the past months. Just don't want you to think I'm hatin on 'real life' - nothing like the small pleasures in life, but I have a healthy love of travel and adventure too. Yay you! :0) So excited to read your posts-thank you for sharing. You don't seem to get many comments but I do hope there are others out there stopping in now and then to catch up like me.

    Funny coincidence: both yours and Jess' last posts were on the same date...

    *smooch*

    Joanne

    ReplyDelete