Sunday, September 15, 2013

Just think.

So, we just crossed the Italian border. In the last 8 days I have seen more of the world than the average person. So far it's been 5 countries, and 6 if you include Germany. Czech Republic, Hungary, Slovakia, Austria, and now Italy. I just want you to let that soak in for a minute. How absolutely incredible is that? Not many people can say that they've even been to one of those.

I've seen places that people only dream about. Places that I have dreamed about. Something I've really thought about is the border that we have created between countries. The land doesn't immediately look different at the border. It's not like a light switch, changing completely. It's a gradual difference. But it is absolutely mind blowing how different the cultures are, and can be. Those are the real borders. From language differences to a whole different way of dressing, to the mannerisms of a person. Italians talk with their hands, and kiss on the cheek, Germans talk professionally, and shake hands. Austrians are incredibly happy. I've seen that stereotypes aren't real, some are true, but most aren't. 

I've truly found out what I need to do in life. I'm not quite sure how I will achieve it though. But I know that I need to write about what I see. I need to experience everything. And I need to share my experiences. Whether it's through words or through actions. I've known my whole life that money doesn't buy happiness and Success isn't happiness. Happiness is the place where you are truly at peace with yourself, and what you have. Some of the happiest people on this planet are people who have nothing but what is on their back and their family. That is what is truly important. Truly happiness. At it's finest. 

Just think about the last time you were really and truthfully happy. It's hard right? A time where you had no worries on your mind. A time where you could just enjoy life. I experience that just about every day here. I don't want to leave this niche that I have found for myself. 

"For some reason I can't explain, I know saint Peter will call my name." 

Sweet Serendipity.

I just found this gem of a journal entry, sorry it's a bit late.

1 comment: