Sunday, September 16, 2012

Genuine.


So I went to Dortmund yesterday with a bunch of friends and this picture just happened to turn up by means of obviously somebody taking it. I am very grateful that that person took this picture because this picture means the world to me right now, and will be cherished by me for the rest of my life. 

My friend Cauê commented on this picture and said:
"esse é o tipo de foto que vai dar uma saudadeeee depois kkkk"

Yes, I know it's in Portugese, and yes I will tell you exactly what it means. 
It's along the lines of "This is the kind of picture that will make you miss it after." 

It really really will. I can't even describe how much the people in this picture mean to me, especially the girl i am hugging. It is truly indescribable. Just thinking about it makes me tear up. Because I know that after these next 2 weekends, I leave for London, and then we go to Deutschland tour and then Maria moves out. My life will change dramatically. It really really will. Yes, we have our separate friends, and we have our separate times, but she has become my sister, so I just expect her to be home when I come home. She is supposed to always be there. I have become used to having her always with me. It will be a very hard time. I also know soon that after she moves, she will then be on her third and last family, which means that her exchange will end soon. January, to be exact. It's going to be a very hard time. 

This is genuine friendship. There are people who are part of your life, who you are best friends with, but not people you can live with. Maria and I have lived together from the moment we met. There was no option. It was happening whether we had liked each other, or hated each other. Needless to say, we have become the closest and best of friends, obviously. There was nothing we could hide from each other. It was truly a sisterhood like no other. Our bad habits, our morning breath, our lovely late night snack cravings. Everything was out there. It's been really great. I know I've said this before, but it had to have been fate; us being put in the same house. Because this doesn't happen. Everybody I have talked to has asked us why, or how, and we never have an answer because it doesn't happen. It really doesn't. So this was meant to happen. It was meant to be. We will always be friends. Always and forever. 

I hope that our friendship is one that people look at and say, wow, I wish I had a friendship like theirs. I am my complete and total self around her. She is my best friend here, and definitely one of my best friends in this whole world. I don't know what I'd do if I ever lost her. Or even, in January, when she goes back to Brasil. It's truly heart wrenching. I wish we had a longer amount of time, but we don't. There was one thing she said one time "17 years wouldn't be a long enough time to be your sister." This is a bond that I can't even explain, but it is very true, and very strong. 

We sit and look at the little river run through Menden. We laugh at the wrong times, yes dinner included. We talk about everything. We have gummi bear and beer picnics. We roll down the side of hills. We walk home from school. We ask each other if we look okay. We have breakfast, lunch and dinner together. We are honest with each other. We share music. We say the same things, at the same time. We go to concerts. We go to parties. We spend almost every minute of every day together. There's just too long of a list to even keep going. I hope that someday, this is a friendship I can tell my children and my grandchildren about, and they can get to know their Brasilian siblings. 

 "immer mit dir"





I have now realized that you have to cherish every moment you have. Every moment you are given. Every moment you experience something new. Every day is an adventure. Every day is a new morning. Every day is something that you can share with somebody. Learn something new. Do something different. Live life spontaneously. I have learned so much here, I apply it in my life always. I am so excited to see what the rest of the year has in store for me, but I don't want time to pass by so quickly. It already has been. So take a moment everyday to think about what you've accomplished to get where you are today. What you've overcome to be who you are. Look at where you are. 

I listened to this song while writing this today, and this song is so very true to me right now. To my friends right now. Give it a listen. The link is at the bottom. 


                                                               "93 Million Miles"
                                                                   Jason Mraz
93 million miles from the Sun, people get ready get ready,
'cause here it comes it’s a light, a beautiful light, over the horizon into our eyes
Oh, my my how beautiful, oh my beautiful mother
She told me, "Son in life you’re gonna go far, and if you do it right you’ll love where you are
Just know, that wherever you go, you can always come home"

Ohh…ohh…ohh…
Ohh…ohh…ohh…

240 thousand miles from the Moon, we’ve come a long way to belong here,
To share this view of the night, a glorious night, over the horizon is another bright sky
Oh, my my how beautiful, oh my irrefutable father,
He told me, "Son sometimes it may seem dark, but the absence of the light is a necessary part.
Just know, you’re never alone, you can always come back home"

Ohh…ohh…ohh…
Ohh…ohh…ohh…

You can always come back…back…

Every road is a slippery slope
There is always a hand that you can hold on to.
Looking deeper through the telescope
You can see that your home’s inside of you.

Just know, that wherever you go, no you’re never alone, you will always get back home

Ohh…ohh…ohh…
Ohh…ohh…ohh…

Ohh…ohh…ohh…
Ohh…ohh…ohh…
Ohh…ohh…ohh…

93 million miles from the Sun, people get ready get ready,
'cause here it comes it’s a light, a beautiful light, over the horizon into our eyes…




You willl always be my sister, Maria Carolina Martins do Amaral.
Ich liebe dich. I love you forever. 
Immer mit dir.



Sweet Serendipity. 









No comments:

Post a Comment