Monday, October 29, 2012

Home.


As much as I complain about being in an incredibly small city. Not even a city. A village. Yes, a village. I wouldn't change it for the world. It is so uniquely beautiful here. The grass is bright green. The streets, not so nicely paved, but still useable. The sky, not always blue, but always bright. The houses, oh the houses are just so beautifully and architecturally lovely. The trees, all types of trees. I see Christmas trees, and redwoods, and oak, and of course pine trees. The hills that engulf my little village of Küntrop, are just too marvelous for words. I wake up and look out my window to a breath taking sunrise over the mountains that tower over our village. Pink and orange and purple clouds painted across the sky light up the surrounding villages and villagers who are beginning their day. Driving through them today, was when I realized all of this. I would never change where I am living. At first, I was not very happy with where I was placed, geographically. But now; I really think that this is the most beautiful part of Germany. And I took it for granted. I can't imagine my exchange taking place in any other place. I am so grateful that I am here, in Küntrop. It's beautiful. More beautiful than I could ever describe to you. It is home now. 
Home is where the heart is. This is home. 
It's mind blowing for me to sit and look back on all that I have done. I mean, I think about it and I can't believe how much of the world I have seen; through people, and through physically being there. I mean, I've been in England already, that's a complete different country. And we had To drive through several countries to get to the boat to take us there. I have seen so much of the world in such a short amount of time. It's been 6 weeks and I've embraced over 26 different countries ranging from Korea to Japan to Brasil to Argentina to Canada to Australia to India to even, my own country; The United States of America. These countries are no longer just countries of the world; they are my friends; my family. The world is in my hands. Sweet Serendipity.

No comments:

Post a Comment