Wednesday, August 8, 2012

Amalie.

Last night I witnessed what would happen to me 3 days from now. Walking in to a home with open arms, exciting times, tears, hugs, laughs, awkward moments, the whole package of emotions. It's so strange to be watching a situation that will happen to me. It's almost mind blowing. 

Amalie. What a beautiful name. She is so sweet, and so grateful to be here, to be in a new place, with a new family. There's that word that I like; new

We stayed up late, ate lots of food, and just bonded. She will forever be my sister, although we only have 3 days to form the bond. It is already there. I hope that my families in Germany will be just as loving as my family was to welcome her in. 

It was a perfect first night.



Sweet serendipity. 

No comments:

Post a Comment