Saturday, August 18, 2012

Welcome Dreamers.


I have no words for what I have seen or heard or eaten or experienced. I just have no words to describe exactly how I feel or exactly how everything is. It is something you have to experience.
Trying to sit here and write this, I am getting emotional, because I know that I would not be here today if it wasn't for all the people who have helped me get to this point, my parents, my brother, friends, and especially God. This has been the hardest but most exhilarating week. I have laughed, I have cried, I have slept, I have danced, I have cleared the table (which is a first), I have done so many things that I never would have imagined to be possible....but they are; and I am here, I really am here. I still think it is a dream.

My host mom said something the other day, and it is so very true. We were talking about the family going to America in the next 2 years or so, and she was continuing on about saying that it was only a dream. She then said "but, it is necessary to have dreams, to be able to make them come true." I then realized that only a year ago, I never knew I would be here today. I never knew what was ahead for me. I realized that this was my dream. And now, I am here. Part of a small city in Germany, living my dream. Only a few months ago, I had committed to this, not knowing my life would change everyday. My life has been changing ein bisschen (a little) everyday. My vocabulary is getting bigger everyday. My heart is growing closer to Germany everyday. I am understanding the culture better everyday.

Listen to this. ----->


Sooooo now on to more exciting things, haha,

 My trip to HEILDELBURG und WORMS:

They are both beautiful cities. We went to Worms first. Worms is the city where my great great great great great great grandfather came from in either the 1700 or 1800 hundreds; I can't remember. But, I went there. We walked through the Dom (pronounced dome), which is one of the largest and oldest catholic churches in Germany. It was constructed in 1000 A.D. so it's very possible that my grandfather went there. Worms is also home to the oldest Jewish Synagogue in Germany. So we could've been Jewish too. I really don't know. But, it is all possible!

In Heidelburg, we went to the Schloss (castle) and we walked through it. It was very very beautiful. The ruins of the castle are just magnificent. We walked the Philosophenweg, which is more like a hike; through this very narrow path. But at the peak of the walk, you have the most beautiful sight of die Schloss und Neckar. Neckar is the river that the Schloss overlooks. It is a separate river than the Rhine, but they meet at some points. Also, we had ice eram that day too, I was given "spaghetti eis" which was amazing. It is ice cream that looks like spaghetti. It has a red strawberry puree on top with crumbled white chocolate for Parmesan cheese. It was delicious.

During these few days I stayed with grandma und grandpa Stauber. It was a lovely few days. They are the sweetest. They also speak no english, haha. But we played board games and laughed all night long. Grandma Stauber made homemade pretzels and bread for breakfast. it was a lovely time.






















Sweet Serendipity.













1 comment:

  1. Today is the first day I've had to sit and roam the internet in a couple of weeks. So glad to see the pictures and your smiling face. Thank you for sharing your adventures. I'm excited to read them and happy you are learning every day. *smooch* (not sure what my profile name is gonna pop up as here so a clue: it's Johnny & Jess' mom!!!!

    ReplyDelete