Monday, August 6, 2012

Glub Glub.



Off the coast of the relaxing and beautiful beach of Key Largo, Florida I snorkeled today and had the most amazing time. 

I imagine the coral reefs to be like little cities in the ocean for the fish. and the smaller coral reefs to almost be suburban. The fish just carry on about their day. They don't bother you, if you don't bother them. It was the most captivating sight though. To see the fish swimming with their schools, and to come across lobster in a setting where their claws aren't taped and ready to be eaten. It was just majestic; to swim alongside stingrays and to be able to be free. 

Do you ever wonder how they manage to just float on by. To live. To swim. To be part of an ecosystem that is so awe-inspiring to our population. The fish can do whatever they please. They can relocate to South America without having to worry about what language they need to learn, or how to pack their bags and move. Their greatest worry in life is how to obtain food to survive. It just fascinates me.  

I realized that although I had a "buddy" I was completely alone with my thoughts, my own head voice, and as crazy as this sounds; my instincts. It was so peaceful and serene. The water, clear as day and the bluest of blues, was absolutely perfect. I felt almost as if I was part of the habitat. Just to be able to be there and to float; to just exist. No need to try to impress. No need to worry about what was happening in a few hours. It was great to just be in the moment. I have come to find that is one of the hardest things to do. To just be in the moment. You should try it sometime. 

What happens one day when this opportunity won't be available? I know that our environments are slowly disintegrating. It completely baffles me that one day, someday, this might not be available to anybody. It's a beautiful sight to witness. Life is all about the moments that create memories. Good little moments. 

You cannot cross the sea by just looking at the water. 

Sweet serendipity.  

No comments:

Post a Comment